Re: NSXML* classes changed to use libxml2 directly... Should we merge th

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: NSXML* classes changed to use libxml2 directly... Should we merge this into the trunk?
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 14:47:11 +0100

Hi,

Just out of self-defense, I wasn't bashing it, I don't bash it, and I feel it's the best free-software development environment. It wasn't my intention to start the discussion, apart from contributing my opinion that a large number of dependencies is not the primary cause of "abandonment" of GNUstep.
nobody was attacking you :)

In fact, I'm not really sure that people are abandoning GNUstep in troves as was implied. Why would they? Either you like it or you don't.
Sure it is not one of the "main causes", but why introduce a new cause?
When speaking to people using GNUstep forks (mgStep comes to my mind, or people using alternatives to our -base as foundation) the dependency and the "big tank" approach is often cited.

Pure Foundatio users shall be welcomed users as are gui users, don't they? As are people using gnustep for one specific task, where functionalities needed are very well known, compared to general desktop users.

Riccardo