Re: Ugly flickering in some views

From: Wolfgang Lux
Subject: Re: Ugly flickering in some views
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 09:59:53 +0100

Fred Kiefer wrote:

> What are our options here?
>
> - Find a proper solution within the next few days.
>
> - Disable copy-on-scroll in all scroll views.
>
> - Revert to the old cairo surface.
>
> - Ignore the problem as it only happens for some views.

I would prefer reverting to the old cairo surface code for the upcoming
release. I was having quite a few problems with the new surface code (remember
the color issue with remote display?) so that I turned it of locally anyway.
Maybe we could add an autoconf option to select either the modern or the ximage
based cairo surface at configuration time?

Wolfgang