Re: Eggplant (formerly Testplant) Forks

From: Adam Fox
Subject: Re: Eggplant (formerly Testplant) Forks
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2020 23:53:31 +0000

Hi Fred -

I concur that it would have been better to do this MUCH sooner and apologize
for the inconvenience.  Please know that we are committed to not getting that
out-of-sync again, it has been costly for us as well.

I understand that it will cost you a lot of time to look through the changes,
and we sincerely appreciate it.  Ideally we would create feature-based merge
requests (and intend on doing that going forward), but I suspect that you may
be interested in going through the changes faster than we will have the time to
make clean merge requests for existing commits.  Please let us know if there's
anything we can do to help you get that done faster.

Finally, I forgot to mention before that in an effort to improve our unit
testing, we added some basic XCTest support to our code that probably makes
more sense in the GNUstep code somewhere, but I'm not sure where.  Please let
me know if you would like me to commit that code somewhere as well.

Thank you!!

  ~ Adam Fox