gomd-devel

[gomd-devel] After the huge CVS cleanup -> cppclient example now works

From: Gian Paolo Ghilardi
Subject: [gomd-devel] After the huge CVS cleanup -> cppclient example now works
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 03:10:27 +0200

Hi all.

###  FINALLY WE DID THE CLEANUP! ###
First of all, my congrats to Mirko and Matt for the huge cleanup!
Thanks guys, now I feel "clean" (like the CVS). :)))

###  CPPCLIENT EXAMPLE: HOW TO TEST IT ###
I've fixed the cppclient example.
Checkout "lib" directory, please.

lib -> contains the code for libgomd library
lib/examples -> contains a simple c++ client using the libgomd library (with
brand-new Makefile :))) )
NOTE: please notice the client includes the interface file directly from
parent directory (so library and client will use the _same_ file exactly as
they should do).

To test the code, after the checkout, you have only to enter your local CVS
and:
1)move to lib and type "make" at the shell
2)move to lib/examples and type "make" at the shell
3)execute ./cppclient.app in lib/examples
NOTE: please notice the client searches the library directly from the parent
folder :)

### NEW CVS STRUCTURE AFTER THE CLEANUP ###
after huge cleanup, these are the two main directories
http://savannah.nongnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/gomd/gomd/daemon/ for gomd
(daemon)
http://savannah.nongnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/gomd/gomd/lib/ for libgomd
(library)

### MAINTAINERSHIPS ###
Before shutting down my pc, I'd like to define maintainerships.
- Matt (openmosixview) will be libgomd maintainer and official spokesman in
meetings/...
- I (rejected) will bethe daemon maintainer
- Mirko is site maintainer, diagrams' guru, great developer, public
relations, project spokesman, and so on... :)))

###  AS USUAL ###
Ok? I'm waitin' for your comments.

CU.

<rejected>

PS: Matt: can you adopt Java's style? K&R's indentation style, IMHO, is not
well-readable (for all users/developers) and breaks project's style.
Thanks. Sorry for being so tedious... To be tedious is not my purpose...
:)))
ASAP I'll test your new omtests release... :))) Two huge new machines for my
Physics professor will arrive quickly... :)))