gomd-devel

Re: [gomd-devel] <DAEMON>: (updated) .plan

From: Matthias Rechenburg
Subject: Re: [gomd-devel] <DAEMON>: (updated) .plan
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2003 21:45:13 +0200

Ciao JP,

On Samstag 06 September 2003 21:02, Gian Paolo Ghilardi wrote:
> [...]

nope, not at all.

> Obviously I need the help of the whole gomd team because Black Hole
> Detection could be the killer-feature for the project.
> If the gomd FL stuff succeded, this would open new (devel) unexplored
> ways... ;)

i agree

> As BHD require an huge effort, in the meantime I'd want to implement the
> latest pre-beta feature:
> secured cluster-wide comamnd execution (SCX).
> My idea: enable user to execute a command on the whole cluster.
> Obviously the user can execute _only_ a small number of commands (included
> in a list stored ina file) and the feature is subjected to the ACL check
> mechanism.
> The file (maybe the acl.conf file itself) contains comamnds in a special
> format:
> COMMANDS:ACL_PERMISSIONS_REQUIRED

yep, good :)

> Obviously if gomd will be launched with root perms the user will be able to
> execute cool cmds like a cluster-wide "reboot"... :)
>
> I need comments.

to my mind the gomd will be launched as root
(we should make this a requirement)

clusterwide commands are coool :)))  matt->lazy();

> PS: thanks to all for your help, support and contribution.
> I appreciate this. Definitely! :)

and we appreciate you code :)) definitely

> PS#2: roeles is working on java2gomd. Wow! :)

:))

> <rejected>

howdy,

Matt
--
E-mail  :  address@hidden
www     : http://www.openmosixview.com

Multitasking: You can crash several programs all at once. No waiting!
Built-in Networking: You can crash several PC`s all at once.