gotmail-list

[gotmail] Deletion for non-English accounts and Junk Mail

From: paul cannon
Subject: [gotmail] Deletion for non-English accounts and Junk Mail
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 12:57:19 -0700

Apparently, the fix in 0.7.7pre1 is not ideal. It relies on the language
being English, and I have reports it doesn't work under the Junk Mail
folder.

There's another way. I've checked around 10 hotmail and msn accounts,
including a Dutch account, and the delete folder always _seems_ to have
the code "F000000004". I didn't want to rely on that always being the
case, but it may be the better solution.

I need lots of people to test deletion in 0.7.7pre2 (in CVS, and tarball
forthcoming). I really expect this to work, but if anyone's messages
aren't put into the Trash Can properly, please let me know about it as
soon as you can, run gotmail with --debug, and send me the
/tmp/gotmail_log.

--
  _  _ . .|  _ _ ._ ._  _ ._  address@hidden
 |_)(_||_|| (_(_|| || |(_)| | http://ssl.usu.edu/paul/