gotmail-list

[gotmail] gotmail and SpamAssassin

From: John Fruetel
Subject: [gotmail] gotmail and SpamAssassin
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 21:52:09 -0800

I've posted a patch that allows gotmail to check each message against SpamAssassin, available at http://spamassassin.org/.  I've had really good luck when using SpamAssassin, especially when Vipul's Razor v2, available at http://razor.sourceforge.net/, is also installed.

To use the patch, first install SpamAssassin and optionally Vipul's Razor.  Then, uncomment the use Mail::SpamAssassin line in gotmail and use the new --use-sa option.

Since I don't even actually download mail from hotmail, I'm working on another patch that will simply move probable spam into another Hotmail folder, without actually downloading the message.  I have a prototype running on my home linux box and it seems to be working pretty good.

Thanks!

John Fruetel
address@hidden