gotmail-list

[gotmail] gotmail is not downloading all messages

From: Garrick Sitongia
Subject: [gotmail] gotmail is not downloading all messages
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 13:20:32 -0800

I just installed and patched gotmail for the first time because after the latest Hotmail interface change on December 2, I might have had enough of Hotmail and I want to download all my e-mail.

I have noticed I am unable to download "Sent Messages". I've tried removing part of the code line:

 (!($name =~ /Sent Messages/i)) &&

But that didn't work.

I tried moving all "Sent Messages" into a new folder "temp-saved" and downloading "temp-saved", but I get nothing but "All Done". If I move a single message from Inbox to "temp-saved" folder, it downloads that message, but leaves the 302 other messages transfered from "Sent Messages"!

Also when I do a message count of what was downloaded from each folder,

 grep -c "^X-gotmail-version:" Inbox

I always get a smaller count, or even a fraction of the messages have actually downloaded.

Please help figure this out. This is the easiest Hotmail Download program I've tried so far. Thanks.

Garrick

Our best dial-up offer is back. Get MSN Dial-up Internet Service for 6 months @ $9.95/month now! http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup