gotmail-list

Re: [gotmail] Fetching problem since yesterday - SOLVED

From: Janak J Parekh
Subject: Re: [gotmail] Fetching problem since yesterday - SOLVED
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2004 14:13:26 -0500

T. E. unrolled a scroll which read:
> Now another prob came up:
> fetch'd emails aren't deleted.
> They are tagged as read ... hotmail language is set to english.

As I emailed last week...

> If you have a 250MB Hotmail account, the problem is that Microsoft
> has renamed the underlying mailbox ID for the trash can.  As a
> workaround, John Freutel, the maintainer, has added a --move option,
> so you can do something along the lines of --move "Trash Can"
> instead of --delete.  I've been doing this for some time with
> success (using the latest version from Sourceforge).

I don't think John has yet had a chance to update the delete function
since the time we talked about it a few months ago, but move works
fine for me.  Note that if you use move= in the rcfile, you can't use
quote marks around the folder, e.g.,

move=Trash Can

is what I use, without any problems.

--janak