gotmail-list

Re: [gotmail] Fetching problem since yesterday - SOLVED

From: T. E.
Subject: Re: [gotmail] Fetching problem since yesterday - SOLVED
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2004 22:00:22 +0100

Janak J Parekh scribbled on 26.12.2004 20:13:
> T. E. unrolled a scroll which read:
>> Now another prob came up:
>> fetch'd emails aren't deleted.
>> They are tagged as read ... hotmail language is set to english.
>
> As I emailed last week...

I didn't get that email ... so sorry for mailing on this again.

>> If you have a 250MB Hotmail account, the problem is that Microsoft
>> has renamed the underlying mailbox ID for the trash can.  As a
>> workaround, John Freutel, the maintainer, has added a --move option,
>> so you can do something along the lines of --move "Trash Can"
>> instead of --delete.  I've been doing this for some time with
>> success (using the latest version from Sourceforge).
>
> I don't think John has yet had a chance to update the delete function
> since the time we talked about it a few months ago, but move works
> fine for me.  Note that if you use move= in the rcfile, you can't use
> quote marks around the folder, e.g.,
>
> move=Trash Can
>
> is what I use, without any problems.

Has no effect here ... now .gotmailrc looks like:
  username=USERNAME
  password=PASSWORD
  domain=hotmail.com
  forward=torsten
  save-to-login
  only-new
  #delete
  move=Trash Can
  ssl
  folders=Inbox
  retry-limit=3
but the emails are tagged as read, and stay in Inbox (its not a real
prob as I only fetch the new ones!).

c y
Torsten