Re: using groff/troff in producing academic journals

From: Thomas Dupond
Subject: Re: using groff/troff in producing academic journals
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2022 11:38:29 +0200

Larry McVoy <lm@mcvoy.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 10, 2022 at 09:29:29PM -0500, Dave Kemper wrote:
> > On 8/10/22, Damian McGuckin <damianm@esi.com.au> wrote:
> > > Do we just send them as attachments and let some poor bunny collate them?
> > > I do not want to overburden somebody limke Branden. How do we make them
> > > available?
> >
> > The groff examples repository (http://www.froude.eu/groff/) so far has
> > only snippets showing how to do specific things, but I've cc:ed its
> > webmaster to get his thoughts on whether this site would also be an
> > appropriate venue for full articles.
>
> Or even good pic/eqn/tbl/grap examples.  It's been established that I have
> a weird brain (I "see" the picture from the pic source, I talked with my
> wife who was a tech writer for a while, she said I was weird) and my weird
> brain learns a lot from examples.  I'm probably not the only one.

Sorry I'm in holidays so I missed this great paper by Robert Marks.

I would be happy to make a dedicated part of the groff examples
repository for full papers.  I already added last year a presentation by
Ingo Schwarze to EuroBSDCon 2018.

I have some spare time so if anyone wants to send me sources to their
own files either in full or in snippets I would be happy to incorporate
them.

If there are some copyright worries we can discuss on how to make the
code available to the public.

--
Regards,
Thomas