gtktalog-devel

[Gtktalog-devel] Re: gtktalog burning

From: Yves Mettier
Subject: [Gtktalog-devel] Re: gtktalog burning
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 10:40:57 +0200 (CEST)

Hi!

> hi, mr. Mettier,
> have you thing about making your gtktalog possible for editing free space of
> every CD to use them for writing again? I have many unclosed CD's and this
> feature would be very usefull. I would help, but I'm not so good programer:))
> thanks

This is a good idea and I don't think it would be to hard to get this info from
a CD.
The main problem is to store this info into the catalog file without breaking
the
compatibility with the current format.

If you want to help, it does not matter if you are good or not. Just try to hack
gtktalog: you will practice and learn faster (this is true for any project, not
only
gtktalog)
If you really want to do it, have a look on addisk.c where the length of the
disk is
computed ( with du_s() ) and try to add some code to compute the free disk space
remaining. We will help you to display it then, and we'll find a way to put
that feature
into the catalog file.

> david korcak
> ps: i didnt found any conference to this write into:(

Do you mean mailing-list or IRC channel ?
Mailing list:
address@hidden

IRC: I have a channel on irc.freenode.net, called #gtktalog. But nobody knows
about it.
There should not be many people there :)

> ps: i dont know if my english i correct?? :)))

No problem. Talking well is not very important. Being understood is!

Yves

--
- Homepage    - http://ymettier.free.fr - http://www.logicacmg.com -
- GPG key     - http://ymettier.free.fr/gpg.txt                    -