format equivalent of printf "%3.1f", "%03x"

From: Steve Tell
Subject: format equivalent of printf "%3.1f", "%03x"
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 22:10:26 -0400 (EDT)

Greetings,

Does guile's (format) procedure from (ice-9 format) provide a way to
control the field width and number of decimal places with a ~f conversion,
by analogy to:
        printf("%4.1f", 1.267) -> " 1.3"
And also, how do I get leading zeros for hex printing of integers
as in "04x"?

Alternately, has anyone ever implemented a printf procedure for guile (or
failing that, any scheme, I suppose) that is a full-featured superset of
C's printf?

thanks,
Steve

--