Re: Benchmarks of guile-www against HB's Guile module.

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: Benchmarks of guile-www against HB's Guile module.
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 12:13:53 -0800

   From: Alejandro Forero Cuervo <address@hidden>
   Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 08:34:22 -0500

   What do you mean?  "Use hb-file instead of hbfile"?

more something like: "*hbfile*".

       (hb-register "main" proc)
       (hb-register hbfile "main" proc)

   Any suggestions?  :)

here's one way:

(defmacro define-hb-callback (name-sym proc)       ;;; provided by hb
  (let ((name-string (symbol->string name-sym)))
    `(hb-register *hbfile* ,name-string ,proc)))

(define-hb-callback main (lambda () ...))          ;;; user code

   Does guile-www come with code for handling HTTP requests directly?  I
   didn't see references to it in its guile-www.info file so I assumed
   it doesn't (granted, I didn't look for long).  If not, how do people
   usually interface the browsers with guile-www other than through CGI?

i think you're right.  see mgrabmue-pers-scheme-0.0.3 for an http server.
see also (net http) module by Evan Prodromou.

thi