Re: Benchmarks of guile-www against HB's Guile module.

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: Benchmarks of guile-www against HB's Guile module.
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 11:37:57 -0800

   From: Alejandro Forero Cuervo <address@hidden>
   Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 20:55:41 -0500

   It shouldn't be overly complicated to create this sort of
   functionality.  One only needs to add an interface to HB so
   it can be controled from within Guile. :)

this is the preferred modus operandi of some people.

   I'm not sure all this would be worth it. At the very least,
   it is an interesting idea to make HB entirely controlable
   from within Guile code.

it is generally a good idea to make the hb engine completely
controllable from outside.  whether this outside is guile or
perl or whatever is another issue.

   I don't know what ice-9 common-list provides.  Why can't they
   use that from within HB's Guile module as it currently
   stands?

i assumed you were not using eval, but i was wrong:

  src/hbguile.c:165:  gh_eval_str(code);

given this, programmers can indeed use (ice-9 common-list), so
that's a relief.  :->

thi