Re: Guile 6.4 on NCR MPRAS

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: Re: Guile 6.4 on NCR MPRAS
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 08:05:57 +1000

Kevin Pendleton <address@hidden> writes:

> When checking for gethostbyname, it fails both
> times, (undefined reference to `gethostbyname'), with and without
> -lnsl.

config.log will contain the code of the failing program, you can see
if it works or if it needs to be massaged.

>           #include <sys/types.h>
>           #include <sys/socket.h>
>           #include <netdb.h>

Maybe the test program will need these includes, if there's something
silly being done with macros.

> The way I understand it, for NCR MP-RAS systems, the system needs to
> explicitly link against -lmw to pull in some symbols such as
> _mwoflocheckl and others.

I see libtool AC_CHECK_LIBM knows to do this on *-ncr-sysv4.3*.  We
should either use that, or do something similar.  Does a program using
say "cos" fail to link if -lm is used but not -lmw too?