Re: [Fwd: Req for help on objects and environments]

From: Stephen Compall
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Req for help on objects and environments]
Date: 02 Sep 2004 14:19:34 -0500

Alp Öztarhan <address@hidden> writes:

> Now this is a different way of giving properties. After these,
> object-properties gives an empty alist. So given the documentation, I
> thought I should use "the new way". If I cannot find out how, then
> maybe I should use "the old way" :-)

Object properties are kept in `scm_properties_whash'.  Properties are
not named; internally, they are just pairs, almost always (#f . ()).
They are identified by their uniqueness eq?-wise.  Only the returned
proc-with-setter has access to this pair, through its environment.

The only meaningful name is that which you assign to it.

If you want names, associate them with the proc-with-setters somehow.
Keep your own alist of names to values.  Whatever.

--
Stephen Compall or s11 or sirian

It is a human characteristic to love little animals, especially if
they're attractive in some way.
                -- McCoy, "The Trouble with Tribbles", stardate 4525.6

Dateline monarchist BLU-97 A/B passwd FTS2000 Delta Force MD4 Sears
Tower domestic disruption radar S Box ASLET JPL electronic
surveillance New World Order