Re: new slib and guile 1.6.7

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: new slib and guile 1.6.7
Date: 28 Oct 2005 19:40:12 -0400

  Ah.  Do we have someone from the gnucash world who can say what it
  should look like or how it should work?

It's not that complicated.  With the new slib, you get behavior like
this:

> guile
guile> (use-modules (ice-9 slib))
guile> (require 'stdio)
ERROR: Unbound variable: with-load-pathname
ABORT: (unbound-variable)
guile> (version)
"1.6.8"

This is running the 1.6.8 prerelease announced on the list a week or
so ago, and with NetBSD pkgsrc slib 3.1.2, which is 3a2 in slib
versioning.
The basic issue is that ice-9 slib is no longer providing all the
procedures that slib expects, but slibs guile.init does.

> guile
guile> (load "/usr/pkg/share/slib/guile.init")
guile> (require 'stdio)
guile> (printf "foo %d\n" 2)
foo 2
6

Whether there is something deeper with gnucash, I don't know, but I
have no reason to think so yet.

--
        Greg Troxel <address@hidden>