Re: SRFI-64 implementation for Guile 2.0

From: Per Bothner
Subject: Re: SRFI-64 implementation for Guile 2.0
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 11:27:06 -0700

On 04/20/2012 03:19 AM, Sunjoong Lee wrote:
I'll attatch two files on this mail; srfi-64.scm.gz and testing.patch.gz.
The srfi-64.scm.gz file is for Guile, Chicken and Gambit users.
The testing.patch.gz file is for Per.

Much better.  I applied your patch to the reference implementation,
and that seems to work.  I source file name and line numbers, which
makes things much more pleasant.

I'm going to look at the patch in detail, but before I do, a question:
Why is your srfi-64.scm.gz "for Guile, Chicken and Gambit" so very
different from the reference implementation with your patch applied?
You mention "the order and style of definitions".  Could you be more
specific?  I can certainly re-order definitions if that will help,
but I'd like to understand why.  And I'd prefer to re-order them myself.
For example: "macro x needs to be moved before function y because of z".
And what is the problem with the "style"?  A module issue?

I made a few snall fixes in 2007 to testing.scm which I guess I
forgot to get uploaded to srfi,schemers,org.  I've attached it.
--
        --Per Bothner
address@hidden   http://per.bothner.com/