Re: install guile of question

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: Re: install guile of question
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2013 10:57:00 -0500

dongdong12345 xie <address@hidden> writes:
>           To install guile, the./configure command is executed, the
> emergence of the " configure: error: GNU MP 4.1 or greater not found,
> see README ", and then I installed gmp-5.1.1, still appear "
> configure: error: GNU MP 4.1 or greater not found, see README.", what
> reason is this.

Do you have gmp.h?  It would most likely be in /usr/include or
/usr/local/include.  If not, that's the problem.

It is common for GNU/Linux distributions to split library packages into
two (or more) parts.  For example, recent Debian-derived distros have
'libgmp10' and 'libgmp-dev' packages.  'libgmp10' is sufficient for
running precompiled programs, but 'libgmp-dev' is needed to *compile*
programs that use libgmp.  gmp.h is in 'libgmp-dev'.

      Mark