mailmam, web bridge, forum, p2p (was: Diversification)

From: Amirouche Boubekki
Subject: mailmam, web bridge, forum, p2p (was: Diversification)
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2019 11:35:52 +0200

Le jeu. 24 oct. 2019 à 03:01, Nala Ginrut <address@hidden> a écrit :

> Hi folks!
> Artanis has been using in product, that is to say, working stable and keep
> maintaining. Artanis aims for rapid development just like Ruby on Rails. So
> that you may try your different ideas quickly.
>
> If anyone is willing to try Artanis for the modern forum of Guile
> community, I'd like to provide free technical support, free as in free
> beer. :-)
>
> Best regards.
>

> Zelphir Kaltstahl <address@hidden> 于 2019年10月24日周四 05:42写道:
>

> > On 10/23/19 2:33 PM, pelzflorian (Florian Pelz) wrote:

> > web
> > https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-devel-list/2019-February/msg00001.html
> > >:
> > > If there isn’t one already, then I would like to start working on a
> > > written in Guile, free software, old-school bulletin board-like
> > > interface, perhaps with a more modern UI design, next week.  I do not
> > > like Discourse and will need something like this anyway for other
> > > projects.  I see there already is guile-email and Mumi.  So far I had
> > > no time looking at either.  I would start next week.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Florian
> >
> > It would be an interesting project, for an example of how to do a Guile
> > server side. What kind of library/framework/tool would you use for the
> > server side? I think the standard library webserver is still very bare
> > bones. So far I've not tried GNU Artanis. Would it be a good idea to use
> > that?
> >
> > I've created some example code for the standard library web server:
> >

> > https://gitlab.com/zelphir-kaltstahl-projects/guile-scheme-tutorials-and-examples/tree/dev/web-development/using-guile-webserver
> >
> > But it has not progressed very far.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Zelphir

Last time I checked the security requirements for web application that
do not rely on JavaScript was too complicated. I preferred to forget
about it.

See
https://cheatsheetseries.owasp.org/cheatsheets/Cross-Site_Request_Forgery_Prevention_Cheat_Sheet.html

The easiest path is (was?) to rely on a token sent by JavaScript.
Meanwhile JavaScript brings other problems... It seems to me the
browser paradigm with the _JavaScript_ wanna be sandbox is the wrong
way forward. I would much prefer the modern approach where a peer
expose an API and people build clients.

There is proof of concept bulletin board using gnunet
https://git.gnunet.org/gnunet-guile2.git/tree/prototypes/c3b2

--
Amirouche ~ https://hyper.dev