guix-devel

Re: Staging branch [substitute availability]

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Re: Staging branch [substitute availability]
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2021 18:51:13 -0500

On Fri, Jan 22, 2021 at 03:46:45PM -0500, Leo Famulari wrote:
> ------
> master branch
> aarch64: 72%
> x86_64: 94%
> i686: 86%
> armhf: 46%
>
> staging branch
> aarch64: 48%
> x86_64: 79%
> i686: 70%
> armhf: 30%
> ------

Updates since the recent merge of master into staging:

------
master branch
aarch64: 72%
x86_64: 94%
i686: 86%
armhf: 46%

staging branch
aarch64: 51%
x86_64: 73%
i686: 69%
armhf: 27%
------

So, minor improvements to aarch64, but x86_64 is actually worse!
Mathieu, I'm curious, are we using the overdrives again? Or still
emulating aarch64?

`guix weather` said to me that there are *no* queued builds for x86_64
on staging, but ci.guix.gnu.org web interface shows that there are
queued builds.

kwayland is definitely broken on x86_64, so wayland users are invited to
fix it:

------
The following tests FAILED:
         26 - kwayland-testPlasmaWindowModel (Failed)
Errors while running CTest
make: *** [Makefile:112: test] Error 8
------

I've attached the full reports.

My plan is to wait for feedback for a few days and, if I don't hear
otherwise, then merge the staging branch into master and push.