guix-devel

Re: Staging branch [substitute availability]

From: Mathieu Othacehe
Subject: Re: Staging branch [substitute availability]
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2021 10:52:24 +0100

Hey Leo,

> So, minor improvements to aarch64, but x86_64 is actually worse!
> Mathieu, I'm curious, are we using the overdrives again? Or still
> emulating aarch64?

I have not connected the overdrives yet, so the aarch64 builds are still
100% emulated. Regarding x86_64, I guess it's because it took ~1.5 days
for the CI to catch up, as you can see here:
https://ci.guix.gnu.org/metrics.

"guix time-machine --branch=staging -- weather" now reports 82.7%
coverage for x86_64.

> `guix weather` said to me that there are *no* queued builds for x86_64
> on staging, but ci.guix.gnu.org web interface shows that there are
> queued builds.

That's because %query-limit is 1000 in (guix ci). It means that "guix
weather" will ask at most for the last 1000 queued builds. If they are
all aarch64 builds, then it will erroneously report that there are no
x86_64 queued builds.

Thanks,

Mathieu