guix-devel

Re: issue tracking in git

From: Giovanni Biscuolo
Subject: Re: issue tracking in git
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2022 15:58:52 +0100

Pjotr Prins <pjotr.public12@thebird.nl> writes:

[...]

> We also have ci and cd based on our own system containers in Guix.
>
> => https://ci.genenetwork.org/
>
> It would be good to write a Guix blog about all this.

Yes: «How to leave useless forges and live happy» :-D

>> Please Arun is there a devel mailing list dedicated to tissue so we can
>> discuss details of the project?
>
> Sounds like an idea. Though in the spirit of tissue we might as well
> set up a repo.

Maybe a mailing-list is less intimidating for users (and MUAs have nicer
interfaces for this kind of communication workflows [1]), but I'll
follow the discussion "anywhere" you'll decide to go :-)

>> I'm not a Guile developer but I would like to help with testing and (the
>> lack of) documentation, if I can.
>>
>> I'd also like to understand and possibly discuss the overall
>> architecture design of tissue, in particular compared to git-issue
>> internals [1]
>
> I did not know of that project, but it looks similar in concept. With
> gemini support you get some other interesting features. And then Arun
> has added powerful search.

yes, the xapian index is what I like most of tissue... but I'd prefer to
discuss such things in a proper official channel

> Also, when you see Jonathan's E-mail, we are not done building on
> this.

I'm just dreaming of you and Jonatan merging your projects for world
domination in knowledge and workflow management! B-)

>> Last but not least: what about to have tissue packaged [2] in Guix? :-D
>
> It is about time - and a package and system definition exists in a
> channel.

yes, please :-)

Thanks! Gio'

[1] and notmuch/xapian rules!