guix-devel

Re: issue tracking in git

From: Arun Isaac
Subject: Re: issue tracking in git
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2022 22:01:11 +0000

Hi Giovanni,

> Please Arun is there a devel mailing list dedicated to tissue so we can
> discuss details of the project?

There isn't one yet, but I will set up a public inbox soon.

> I'm not a Guile developer but I would like to help with testing and (the
> lack of) documentation, if I can.

Yes, please. Patches are always welcome. I can use all the help I can
get. Here are a list of issues and feature requests you can work on:
https://tissue.systemreboot.net/search Your ideas adding to these are
also very welcome.

> I'd also like to understand and possibly discuss the overall
> architecture design of tissue, in particular compared to git-issue
> internals [1]

Until the public inbox is ready, you can always mail me and/or Pjotr
directly.

> Last but not least: what about to have tissue packaged [2] in Guix?
> :-D

Yes, definitely. A tissue 0.1.0 release and a Guix package for it have
been long overdue.

I'm in the middle of uprooting and moving across continents for
work. So, my time is somewhat limited. But, I promise to work on
this. Pjotr suggested off-list that I might make a FOSDEM talk out of
all this. I think it's a good idea. I'll work towards that goal.

Cheers!
Arun