guix-devel

Re: Release progress, week 8

From: Mathieu Othacehe
Subject: Re: Release progress, week 8
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2022 13:06:02 +0100

Hey,

Thanks for your hard work to publish the RC1!

> Now we need reports from users to act upon.  I’d say we can decide next
> week whether we need an RC2 or not.  I can handle the next release
> candidate or the release itself, but I’ll be unavailable on Dec. 12–15.

I noticed that we have failing tests on the version-1.4.0-tests
specification.

- docker-system (https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/215380/details)
- prosody (https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/215424/details)

that fail both on Berlin and on my machine and,

- fail2ban-extension (https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/215447/details)

that only fails on Berlin.

There is also an issue with the system images. The following images are
failing on Berlin:

- novena-barebones-raw-image (https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/215363/details)
- pine64-barebones-raw-image (https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/215361/details)
- pinebook-pro-barebones-raw-image
(https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/215362/details)

It seems that those failures are caused by an issue during info-reader
build. I cannot reproduce it locally though.

Having an RC2 with all the tests passing and images buildable could be
nice.

On the other hand, I don't have much bandwidth to fix those issues and
they should not prevent us from releasing I guess.

Mathieu