guix-devel

Re: Python

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: Python
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2023 12:44:46 +0100

Am Sat, Mar 11, 2023 at 12:20:25PM +0100 schrieb Andreas Enge:
> There is a bug report for feedparser:
>    https://github.com/kurtmckee/feedparser/issues/328
> Unfortunately it was immediately closed with a link to an alternative
> project by the feedparser author, but which has seen its latest release
> in January 2022. This is not very encouraging...

I have added a comment to the issue (hoping that it will be seen although
the issue is closed) and have taken the liberty to upgrade the package
to its latest version. According to the NEWS file very little changed.
I had some hope that we might just patch out the use of sgmllib3k, but
it looks rather central and is apparently used to parse not only broken
XML, but any XML/HTML:
./feedparser/html.py:64:class _BaseHTMLProcessor(sgmllib.SGMLParser, object):

Andreas