guix-devel

Re: RISC-V (riscv64-linux) substitutes are coming

From: Christopher Baines
Subject: Re: RISC-V (riscv64-linux) substitutes are coming
Date: Tue, 09 May 2023 15:27:47 +0100

宋文武 <iyzsong@envs.net> writes:

> Christopher Baines <mail@cbaines.net> writes:
>
>> This is a start, but more hardware will be needed to keep up with the
>> master branch, plus testing patches and other branches, so if you have
>> hardware to hand, or know of hardware available for purchase that might
>> be suitable, that would be really useful to know about.
>
> Hello I have a visionfive2 4GiB memory model with a nvme disk, does it
> suitable to join the guix build farm?  My home network is behind NAT.

Yes! At least in my opinion.

Ideally the build machines would be owned by guix-europe, but that's
something to look at sorting out once it's up and running.

The NAT is no problem, the build coordinator (intentionally) has very
few requirements.

The first hurdle to overcome is just getting the build coordinator agent
available on the system. For the board I have, I cross compiled the
guix-build-coordinator-agent-only package, then used guix archive to
copy it and all the dependencies across but any approach that works is
fine.

Once you've got that far, let me know and I can privately send you the
arguments to use when running the agent.

Thanks!

Chris