guix-devel

Re: A Forum for Guix Users

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: A Forum for Guix Users
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2023 09:37:51 +0200

Pjotr Prins <pjotr.public12@thebird.nl> writes:

> If the xapian indexer also analysed mailing list output (through
> publicinbox, for example) and maybe debbugs and IRC logs it would be
> complete.

It does index the IRC logs, but there’s a bug in the deployment:

https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix/maintenance.git/tree/hydra/goggles.scm#n56

>> 5. Substitute availability is good, but download speeds can be poor
>> due to peering issues.
>
> That is a matter of money, I guess.

Peering issues can only be avoided by distributing the artifacts to many
different locations.  We’ve previously paid for distribution via AWS,
which was rather expensive.

It might be better to revive the distribution over IPFS.

--
Ricardo