guix-devel

Re: A Forum for Guix Users

From: Nguyễn Gia Phong
Subject: Re: A Forum for Guix Users
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2023 01:39:36 +0900

On 2023-07-18 at 03:52+02:00, Wilko Meyer wrote:
> I'm not sure wether having a web-based user forum solves this issue
> as it would be yet another place to look up a potential solution in.
> I'd also argue that a web-based forum doesn't provide anything mailing
> lists can't when it comes to the ability to have threaded discussions.

It's not like you can't have both at the same time,
as in a writable web UI that on user foo's behalf
send an email from address foo@guix.example.
Email being emails means that this can be run along side
the current mailing list without fragmenting the knowledge base.

On 2023-07-13 at 16:40+02:00, Andrea Rossi wrote:
> However, I do wonder whether the features in Mailman 3,
> namely Postorius and HyperKitty, might make it easier for new users
> to get started without losing the ability to hone their skills
> in information retrieval and knowledge representation models.

Were I not subscribed, I'd defo prefer HyperKitty to Mailman basic (?)
web UI.  HyperKitty was created precisely for this purpose: