guix-devel

Re: Updates for Go

From: david larsson
Subject: Re: Updates for Go
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2023 20:06:27 +0200

On 2023-08-17 16:25, Katherine Cox-Buday wrote:
[..]

Even if you dislike Go, but can work your way through a package,
please consider signing up!

Hi,

Im not a fan of Go, but I've wanted to package some Go packages. Ive only managed to write 2 packages for my private channel so far, but they were simple. If there is a guide or so somewhere explaining how to do this, then maybe I could complete and contribute a package that I am working on (with its dependencies). In particular I got stuck packaging nwg-menu with its dependencies, such as gotk3, which will probably take me a long time to finish at my current skill level. I might be able to contribute other packages as well in the future when Ive learned more about it.

Thank you for giving Go in Guix some attention.

Best regards,
David