guix-devel

Re: Updates for Go

From: Katherine Cox-Buday
Subject: Re: Updates for Go
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2023 09:35:08 -0600

On 8/22/23 12:06 PM, david larsson wrote:

Im not a fan of Go, but I've wanted to package some Go packages. Ive only managed to write 2 packages for my private channel so far, but they were simple. If there is a guide or so somewhere explaining how to do this, then maybe I could complete and contribute a package that I am working on (with its dependencies).

The best we have currently are:

- https://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/guix.html#index-go_002dbuild_002dsystem
- https://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/guix.html#index-go

Guix packages are always welcome! The biggest help at the moment would be helping to bring existing packages onto Go v1.21.0 so that we can make that the default, and improving the Go importer so that people like you can just run `guix import go <module>` most of the time and get a working package out of it.

Thank you for giving Go in Guix some attention.

You're welcome! I love Guix and appreciate the work of all the other maintainers. Together, we have something special :)

--
Katherine