guix-europe

Re: Financial report

From: Simon Tournier
Subject: Re: Financial report
Date: Sun, 21 May 2023 19:44:01 +0200

Hi Andreas,

On Fri, 19 May 2023 at 20:14, Andreas Enge <andreas@enge.fr> wrote:

> Note that all expenses have a positive sign, all spendings a negative sign.

Well, it might appear "weird" at first. :-)  It's because double-entry
accounting.  Well, it's a DAG [0] and maybe some adventurous of you
could write a way to do it using Guix. ;-)

0:
https://martin.kleppmann.com/2011/03/07/accounting-for-computer-scientists.html

> The outgoing membership fees of €40 correspond to two years membership at
> Aquilenet, a prerequisite for them hosting bayfront.
>
> The 10 Years of Guix celebrations were a major conference in June 2022.

IIRC, it was 16–18 September 2022, as said in the event webpage [1]

1: <https://10years.guix.gnu.org/>

> I think this covers essentially everything, I am looking forward to
> presenting the numbers again in a week and to answering your questions.

Thanks Andreas for these numbers.  They appear to me clear. :-)

Cheers,
simon