guix-europe

Hosting website? Example using Framagit CI

From: Simon Tournier
Subject: Hosting website? Example using Framagit CI
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2023 16:00:23 +0200

Hi,

Currently the website is hosted on Andreas machine and it would be nice
to have something that just run without manual build and copy.

The minutes of GA 2023-05-26 [1] contains this line:

    . The previous General Assembly of 2022-07-17 discussed technical details
    for building and maintaining the website.  Nothing had been done on this
    front.  Two actions are pending:

      + Move to elsewhere instead of personal Andreas's machine
      + Fix the configuration for the certificates

And my email is an example about what could be done about “Move to
elsewhere”.  Here, elsewhere is Frama Gitlab Pages.

Well, I just forked the main repository [2] and did very small
experiments.  The result (and the corresponding code):

    https://zimoun.frama.io/guix-foundation/

https://framagit.org/zimoun/guix-foundation/-/compare/main...main?from_project_id=87048

How does it work?

  1. A Docker image generated with Guix had been pushed to DockerHub.
  2. GitlabCI runs .gitlab-ci.yml and servers the result.
  3. After each push, the website is automatically rebuilt and served.

>From my point of view, this service is the easiest.  If one of you want
to host the website generation, feel free to raise your hand. :-) Well,
it could be nice to have an automatic way for updating the website on
Git push.

Let me know about alternative solutions for generating the website.  If
no one propose something, I plan to move forward this solution using
Gitlab CI and Frama.  My aim is to release Andreas’s machine before the
end of September.

WDYT?

Cheers,
simon