guix-science

Re: [event] Next steps for 2021-2022?

From: Konrad Hinsen
Subject: Re: [event] Next steps for 2021-2022?
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2021 10:48:02 +0200

Hi everyone,

Simon Tournier <simon.tournier@univ-paris-diderot.fr> writes:

> I propose a virtual meeting to discuss and list what we - as a
> community - would like to tackle this year.  For instance, my whishlist
> is:
>
>  - better coverage with long-term archive using Software Heritage

+1

>  - online events as training / season school / workshop

+1

Ludovic Courtès <ludovic.courtes@inria.fr> writes:

>   - Relocatable pack execution on clusters that lack user namespaces,
>     thus with GUIX EXECUTION_ENGINE=fakechroot (I noticed glitches in
>     the past due to glibc NSS and things like that.)

+1, as that would help adoption in HPC circles.

>   - “Converting” papers to use a Guix workflow similar to what I did in
>     <https://zenodo.org/record/3886739>, with the goal of extracting
>     common helpers to make it more approachable.

+1 as well, and that's something where I can probably contribute a bit.

>> Let schedule a date between September, 27th and 30th.  Personally, I
>> would prefer the morning (8-13:00 CET).  Drop an email (public or
>> private) and let try to accommodate for all.
>
> Works for me.

Me too. Any of those days.

> Thanks for starting this initiative!

+ 1

Konrad
Konrad Hinsen
Saint Aubin - BP 48
91192 Gif sur Yvette Cedex, France
Tel. +33-1 69 35 97 15
E-Mail: konrad DOT hinsen AT cnrs DOT fr
http://dirac.cnrs-orleans.fr/~hinsen/
ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-0330-9428
Twitter: @khinsen