guix-science

Re: [event] Next steps for 2021-2022?

From: Efraim Flashner
Subject: Re: [event] Next steps for 2021-2022?
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2021 16:05:05 +0300

On Wed, Sep 08, 2021 at 10:34:32AM +0200, Simon Tournier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It is the beginning of a new academic year and I hope that everything
> is fine for all.
>
> I propose a virtual meeting to discuss and list what we – as a
> community – would like to tackle this year.  For instance, my whishlist
> is:
>
>  - better coverage with long-term archive using Software Heritage
>  - online events as training / season school / workshop

With Julien working on building Android packages there's quite a bit of
overlap with bootstrapping bazel, at least according to Debian's
bazel-bootstrap package².

Also after the past year and a half I think people are going to be more
open to the idea of online workshops.

> Let schedule a date between September, 27th and 30th.  Personally, I
> would prefer the morning (8-13:00 CET).  Drop an email (public or
> private) and let try to accommodate for all.

Tuesday the 28th doesn't work for me, the other days are fine. And I
also like the mornings :)

² https://sources.debian.org/src/bazel-bootstrap/3.5.1+ds-3/debian/control/

--
Efraim Flashner   <efraim@flashner.co.il>   רנשלפ םירפא