Re: Context sensitivity of the word "parameter" in the section of "Param

From: Eli Schwartz
Subject: Re: Context sensitivity of the word "parameter" in the section of "Parameter Expansion"
Date: Sun, 9 May 2021 17:02:47 -0400

On 5/9/21 2:51 PM, Peng Yu wrote:
> My point is the manual is not clear. It is not how to make it work in this
> case.

I'm not sure what you want here. This has nothing to do with Parameter
Expansion, and the HISTORY EXPANSION section of the bash manual notes that:

> History expansions introduce words from the history list into the
> input stream, [...]

and

> History  expansion is performed immediately after a complete line is
> read, before the shell breaks it into words, [...]

So you may consider as though the bash parser never read your parameter
expansion, because the input stream parser modified it first.

P.S. As usual, please stop top-posting.

--
Eli Schwartz
Arch Linux Bug Wrangler and Trusted User