Re: how to do nested calls to yyparse ?

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: how to do nested calls to yyparse ?
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 10:33:13 +0100

At 09:43 +0100 2002/11/08, Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia wrote:
>Thanks. I already did look at that, but the docs got me confused.
>Does this really mean that nested yyparse calls are OK on pure parsers?

If a pure parser is properly hooked up, each new instantiation should act
on a wholly new set of variables. So it should be safe as long as one does
not instantiate different threads from the safe yyparse manipulating the
same local variables.

>The second part of the story (not sure whether this belongs here, though)
>is, how should I modify the flex analyzer if I use %pure_parser in the
>parser ?

In Flex terminology, it is called a reentrant scanner; see manual of latest
beta at
    ftp://ftp.uncg.edu/people/wlestes/

Questions about Flex should be directed to:
    Help-flex mailing list
    address@hidden