Re: Token types with constructor

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: Token types with constructor
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2004 11:35:14 +0200

>>> "Martin" == Martin Trautmann <address@hidden> writes:

 > According to your opinion this two defines should be inserted in the
 > official version of yacc.c?

No.  No further efforts will be made to have C++ fit into a C parser.
C has its own constraints, incompatible with C++'s.

 > So may I summon the currently discussed possibilities to use bison in a
 > C++ Framework:
 > 1) Use a real C++ skeleton (Hans: how can one specify a user defined
 > skeleton in bison?)

Well, did you try Bison's C++ parser?  There's work to do, but I've
been using it for years.  Nevertheless, it is still based on unions so
you will have the same problem.  Because the problem is in the
language, not in Bison.

You should runaway from yacc.c.  Or once for all accept that you have
to handle pointers for C++ classes.