Re: Token types with constructor

From: Wolfgang Wieser
Subject: Re: Token types with constructor
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 17:50:29 +0200

> its funny that 4 persons have 4 oppinions how bison should cooperate
> with C++.
> Wolfgang: does your description have anything to do with your anivision
> parser? I couldn't find any free for strings there...

No. I'm using a C-like approach and only pointers in the bison token union.

I use an external string hash which keeps track of all allocated strings
and makes sure that each identifier is actually only allocated once during
parsing and all subsequent occurances are merely referenced.

And there is an external list which keeps track of all those tree nodes which
get dropped during error recovery.

Wolfgang