Re: YYABORT in GLR (was: Re: (no subject))

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: YYABORT in GLR (was: Re: (no subject))
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 21:08:01 +0100

On 12 Dec 2006, at 20:39, Joel E. Denny wrote:

I'm working on a prototype of a COBOL-parser in bison using a GLR- parser.
I have a question considering YYABORT:
When the parsing-process uses more then one parser, and one of them
encounters this macro, will only this parser stop, or all of them. And if
the second is the case, is there a way to accomplish the first?

The first case. You can check out, in the parser that Bison writes, what the
macro does: it just jumps to a place where parser is terminated.

No, it's the second case. Maybe there's a confusion in terminology here:
YYABORT stops the single GLR parser (that is, yyparse).

Sorry: I missed the the GLR part, speaking about non-GLR. :-) (Perhaps too much going on right now.)