Re: YYABORT in GLR (was: Re: (no subject))

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: YYABORT in GLR (was: Re: (no subject))
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 21:17:46 +0100

On 12 Dec 2006, at 20:39, Joel E. Denny wrote:

Maybe there's a confusion in terminology here:
YYABORT stops the single GLR parser (that is, yyparse).

In the case of GLR, would it not be best to call yyparse the parser, and the splits branches of this single parser. This will avoid the confusion from the case of multiple parsers, like in threads or otherwise.

There is no
mechanism for stopping just one of the child LALR(1) parsers via semantic actions. The problem is that no semantic actions are actually performed
until only one of these parsers is left.

The GLR parser needs to types of actions: executed immediately and at the merge has completed. I discussed this with Paul Hilfinger, but I do not know the state of the matter.