Re: %prefix with C++ namespaces

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: %prefix with C++ namespaces
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 08:15:36 +0200

Le 29 sept. 07 à 04:06, Sebastian Pipping a écrit :

Hello Bison people!

I noticed two things with %prefix when combined
with a C++ parser that might be bugs:

(1) %prefix=abc renames function yylex to "abclex"
    instead of putting it in namespace abc.

Well, that was on purpose, to match the lex interface.
I'm unsure it is wise to invite the scanner into the
parser's namespace: we might have to deal with unwanted
collisions.

(2) Nested namespaces do not work:
    %prefix=abc::def should give

      namespace abc {
      namespace def {
        ..

    instead of

      namespace abc::def {
        ..
      }

    I guess?

Is this known and planned to fix?

That was not an expected feature, but I see Joel picks up the
ball :)

If we start "parsing" namespace names, we will have a million
new questions to answer.  What is the output of "::foo",
"foo::", etc.?