Re: Newbie requestion on operator precedence and how to resolve an s/r c

From: Arlen Cuss
Subject: Re: Newbie requestion on operator precedence and how to resolve an s/r conflict correctly.
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 21:12:22 +1100

I'll add a bit of information. After using parser tracing, I've found in
fact this is happening:

a(b).c is being parsed as `a(b.c)', however the reasoning is different;
after reading `a(b)' it reduces just `(b)' by the rule for parenthesised
expressions, '(' *expr* ')'. The rest falls into place. I'm pretty sure I
have to alter the precedence of *funccall* vs. this '(' *expr* ')' rule, but
I'll have to have a think about how to do it.

Any help appreciated; otherwise, thanks for your thought.

Arlen