Re: Newbie requestion on operator precedence and how to resolve an s/r

From: lfinsto1
Subject: Re: Newbie requestion on operator precedence and how to resolve an s/r conflict correctly.
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 14:43:56 +0100 (CET)

> I'm not really fussed if we call them methods or functions, so no worries
> there. :) I'm not sure if it's so important that we need to distinguish
> the
> two things (talking also on the topic of Bison only), but perhaps it would
> help.

If I may be allowed to drift slightly into the realm of programming
philosophy, I am actually bothered by "methods", "receipts", "OOD", "OOP"
and OO-everything else.  What is the point of introducing new terms for
things when perfectly good terms exist already?  I know some reasons for
doing them, but I think they have little to do with actually writing
software and improving the quality of the software that gets written.

I think this is a discussion that ought to be taking place somewhere, but
I'm afraid most readers of this list would think it was off-topic.

Laurence