Re: [OT] Help with bisonc++(1)

From: Hans Åberg
Subject: Re: [OT] Help with bisonc++(1)
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2017 00:43:02 +0200

> On 28 Jul 2017, at 23:27, Kip Warner <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> On Fri, 2017-07-28 at 09:54 +0200, Hans Åberg wrote:
>> Bison supports C++. Have you tried that?
>
> Hey Hans. I'm aware bison(1) can generate a C++ parser, but I was a bit
> wary of it because it sounded from the documentation as though it was
> more an after thought and not really at the level of maturity or
> quality of one of its typical generated C parsers, or one of
> bisonc++(1)'s C++ parsers for that matter. Perhaps I am wrong?

The untyped C++ parser is fine, as far as I know. There is a calc++ example in
the distribution which shows how to use locations for error reporting. The
typed one may have a problem with the variants, but perhaps that can be fixed
with std::variant of C++17, the latter which GCC supports, though there seems
to be no developer right now.