Re: another mysterious segfault

From: Lars Damerow
Subject: Re: another mysterious segfault
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 13:57:38 -0700

>From Jeff Sheltren <sheltren@cs.ucsb.edu>, Sun, Aug 28, 2005 at 04:53:20AM
>-0700:
> Hi Lars, could you post the editfiles command(s) you are running and
> perhaps the contents of the file you are editing?  Perhaps that could help
> figure out the problem.  Is there any type of pattern at all with when it
> fails and when it succeeds?

Hi Jeff,

There are two commands that edit this file, one in the "any" class and one in a
class just for Fedora machines. Here they are, respectively:

any::
      { /etc/X11/gdm/gdm.conf
        BeginGroupIfNoLineContaining "AlwaysRestartServer=true"
            LocateLineMatching "^#?AlwaysRestartServer.*$"
            ReplaceLineWith "AlwaysRestartServer=true"
        EndGroup
      }

fedora::
      { /etc/X11/gdm/gdm.conf
          BeginGroupIfNoLineMatching "^DisallowTCP=false.*"
              LocateLineMatching ".*#DisallowTCP=true.*"
              ReplaceLineWith "DisallowTCP=false"
          EndGroup
      }

The file itself is /etc/X11/gdm/gdm.conf from a stock Fedora Core 4 machine. I
put a copy of it here: http://www.oddment.org/misc/gdm.conf

The only pattern that I can see is that it only happens when running during
kickstart. (I can hear all of you deleting this email right now. :)

cheers,
lars

--
lars damerow
button pusher

The five percent nation of morbid and curious
The five percent nation of half-eaten Milk Duds
The five percent nation of Chicken McNuggets
The five percent nation of Casiotone...