[h-e-w] Re: Emacs-21.3, Macaulay2-0.9.2 packaged in Microsoft Installer

From: Brian Elmegaard
Subject: [h-e-w] Re: Emacs-21.3, Macaulay2-0.9.2 packaged in Microsoft Installer (.msi) format
Date: 27 Apr 2005 10:37:53 +0200

Lennart and Rex, I now tried the msi installer running setup helper
and it is really a nice solution. I will switch to this approach and
forget my own hopeless iss installer.

I have one problem though:
The setup helper is installed to c:\program files\emacs\ but it will
not work for my users as they don't have write access to any place on
c. Is the install here just an intermediate storage or does it have a
function after the installation to the final directory? Could it go
to temp or to the final directory instaed?

When I had it installed and ran my current emacs, neither of
c:\emacs\site-lisp\site-start.el or my _emacs had been
changed. Although it still looked for w32-feeling.el which had only
to do with the new install? Do you know the reason for this? It
couldn't find the file however, as it was only in the c:\program
files intermediate not in the final installation. Is this correct?
What will it do?

Thanks for the efforts,
--
Brian (remove the sport for mail)