Re: [h-e-w] Unix utilities for Emacs on MS Windows

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Unix utilities for Emacs on MS Windows
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 17:30:45 +0100

Ismael Valladolid Torres wrote:

Gnuserv/gnuclient is included in EmacsW32 at my site. If you use the
setup in EmacsW32 you do not need to start Emacs or gnuserv, that is
done automatically when you try to edit a file.

I installed nqmacs which included the gnuserv/gnuclientw executables,
but not gnuserv.el! Maybe I'm missing something.

Cordially, Ismael
I do not know about nqmacs distribution of CVS Emacs binaries. If you use EmacsW32 distribution of CVS Emacs then gnuserv/gnuclient[w] are included and setup automatically for you by the installer. EmacsW32 Setup Utilities also comes in a form without the Emacs binaries. This version can be used to install gnuserv/gnuclient for your current Emacs installation. (It includes basically the same version of them as those from Guy's site.)