Re: [h-e-w] Workarounds for emacs on Windows 7

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Workarounds for emacs on Windows 7
Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 14:39:34 +0200

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 2:34 PM, Gary Oberbrunner <address@hidden> wrote:

>>     "John J. Xenakis" writes:

>>     ... However, after about 7-10 days of
>>     > uptime, Windows 7 freaked out with all application windows
>>     > blinking
>>     > and moving around all over the place.
>
> I've been using nightly Windows (stock, not W32) builds for a year or so on
> Win7/64 and have never seen anything like this.

Could you perhaps try this and see if Emacs hangs sometimes (as it
does for me with my one year old build, with my patches and my build
tools):

Start Emacs, but immediately switch to another maximized application.
Then a rather long time afterward (maybe ten minutes, I do not know)
switch back to Emacs.

Quite often then Win7/64 bit complains that Emacs has stopped responding.